So exactly how does this work? Who does what? We’ve tried to make it simple. Here’s what the program basic service at $20 per month, with a $300 setup fee includes:
- Selects a WordPress theme (template) from the our offered “off-the rack” options
- Creates a Google calendar if you don’t have one (or opts not to have a calendar page)
- Creates the pages of your site by adding text and images
Your church can at no additional cost choose to:
- Create unlimited additional pages (as well as delete pages)
- Edit the navigation menu (including creating sub-pages) and sidebar boxes
- Upload .pdf documents (for example, forms or flyers)
- Add additional SEO (search engine optimization) keywords to any page of your website (to help Google find you!)
Affordable Church Websites:
- Creates a simple 5-7 page website (Home, About, Worship, Ministries, Calendar (optional, Google calendar embed only), News Feed (optional), and Contact us (with contact form), with some easily replaced placeholder content, except for Calendar & Contact us
- Installs a basic package of plugins for additional functionality, including visitor metrics
- Installs a non-financial SSL, which does not include insurance for financial transactions, but does remove insecure browser warnings and keep your site from being demoted in rankings by search engines like Google.
- Launches your site on your domain name
- Creates user accounts with access to your website
- Sets up minimal SEO (search engine optimization) for the home page only, with keywords tied to church name, denomination and location (local-users can add more SEO)
- Provides administrative maintenance for routine WordPress core files and plugin updates
- Provides local church users a handout with simple instructions on using WordPress, and points users toward other helpful how-to resources
- Takes a daily and weekly backup of your website so it can be restored if needed, and stores it off-server as an added precaution
- Monitors the security of your website, as well as alerts for when your site goes down
- Regularly optimizes the database of your WordPress site to keep it speedy
To minimize bookkeeping costs, the monthly fee must be either set up as a recurring monthly credit card charge or paid by check on an annual basis ($240 per year). You can also pay annually by credit card.
We hope you will love the Affordable Church Website Program, but if your church decides to leave the Program, the website you build with us could be easily migrated to a new hosting account with minimal loss of data, and your church can take the theme (template) you were using at the time of departure at no additional cost— our gift to you.
If this sounds good to you, email us today!
We offer additional services as well, including designing and developing custom designed themes (for a more customized look), migrating content, helping with new site content, and helping with getting Google Apps (G Suite) setup. Email for info on services you might need!